Make the most of your yard on Halloween this year, with a few tricks! Whether you choose funny or scary, these DIY decorations will make this Halloween a big treat. Your family will have fun creating your very own spooky yard.
- Instead of just putting your skeleton bones in your yard or garden, fill a wheelbarrow with dirt and pose your skeleton there.
- DIY your own gravestones from foam, wood, or cardboard for your yard or garden with funny names like Daisy Pusher or Otto B. Alive.
- Add glowing spooky eyes to your bushes and garden by cutting eye shapes into toilet paper rolls and hiding a glow stick inside.
- Turn your yard work into easy ghosts by bagging your leaves with white garbage bags, then sealing and flipping them over. Add two eyes and a mouth with black tape, marker or paper.
- Use milk jugs as lanterns to line your porch by drawing jack-o-lantern faces on them and adding a tiny battery-powered tea candle inside.
- Cover your front door with strips of cardboard (that look like boards) and write “Keep Out” on them, as if your house is boarded up and haunted.
- Use black tape (or even chalk) to create a spiderweb pattern on your patio surface — easy on and easy off!
- Prop large dead tree branches up on your porch and hang paper bats, paper ghosts and paper skulls on the limbs.